Friday, August 1, 2008

Significance of a title?

As I am embarking on a new career, a much different full-time, never-ending at the end of the day career than Engineering, productivity improvements, tangible successess, promotions, rewards, etc., I have realized that so much of my identity has been tied up in what I do at work. Is that wrong? I don't think so, afterall, if you have a job outside of the home, you do spend the majority of your waking hours at your office, doing your job. So right away, almost without realizing I was doing it, I had to give myself a title. Hence the CEO position for the Breslin Corporation. It only seemed fitting ya know, to grab a new identity to live up to. I mean, heck, I was on the fast track at Frito Lay, so why not jump to the top in my new job. Straight to the top, the very highest position.....Cool, no, I wasn't going to settle for Director of Domestic Affairs, or to stay in my field of study and transition to a Domestic Engineer. I wanted the BIG job, THE job...so I took it, fast and furious!
Well, I was very quickly reminded, as I should have been, that my dear husband needed a title too. And he was going to take the highest rank. Wait a minute? I already had that position....nope, I am trumped....Brian is now Chairman of the Breslin Corporation. I had the slightest twinge of sadness that I didn't think of that first. BUT, it is only fitting, and quite relieving honestly, that he has this position as the complete head of our team! I am okay with that, and more importantly, thankful that I have a man that wants to be intricately involved with his family, even with all the things he does outside of the home. We are blessed here at The Breslin Corporation, from now on referred to as The Brez Corp, or TBC! So long for now.....

No comments: